A Collaboration between The International Aid Network (IAN), Serbia and The International Mental Health Collaborating Network.
The Action Learning Se was held over three days in Belgrade in May 2015 and themed: "Service User, Family Member and professional “Trialogue” and was a continuation of our work in 2015.
This was the final Action Learning Set of the Project entitled "Recovery within community – Supporting recovery of persons with mental health issues and their full inclusion in the community".
Through human relationships the “Trialogues” sought to:
- understand the importance of our life stories and social networks
- discover ourselves as a whole person, our strengths, susceptibilities and needs
- appreciate the significance of our intimate relationships, family and other important people in our lives
- connect, re-conciliate and move forward
- build resilience to overcome life’s difficulties
We explored in the learning set days the following:
- What are the benefits of Service User and Family involvement in an individual’s recovery and development?
- Getting to know the person and what contributes to the person’s current situation. The individuals and their families understanding of what has happened, what has been significant and what is happening now.
- Getting to know the aspirations and dreams of the individual and those family members have for the person and themselves.
- How has everyone been effected by what has happened?
- Working alongside the person and what is required for the families to be involved in supporting the person’s recovery and development.
During the three days we reflected on what had been achieved since the start of the program, discussed how to take the learning forward and the development of a Whole Person, Whole Life, Whole System and Recovery Approach Network in Serbia.
A Whole Life-Whole System Network for Serbia is being developed and we will be continuing to support this work in 2017.