The Network provides interconnected activities that facilitate shared learning, service development and innovation promoting whole life recovery practices.
This is being achieved by
- holding conferences and symposiums
- international schools
- training workshops and learning sets
- study visits
- work placements
- twinning with organisations with similar values, principles and experiences.
We have internet based forums on on FaceBook LinkedIn and this website also provides many educational and information resources.
IMHCN provides experienced consultancy work in the following:
- Developing community Whole Life – Whole Systems Planning and Implementation
- Promoting and advocating for Human Rights
- Mental Health Policy formulation
- Community mental health system development and deinstitionalisation
- Service reviews
- Training and education
- Participation of service users and family members in policy formulation, service development and practices
- Promoting the recovery approach and providing recovery based practices and training material
- Public education and mental health promotion
- Promoting research in community mental health systems and services
Conferences and workshops in Whole Life Whole System Approach, Recovery into Practice, Community Mental Health Development. The IMHCN holds an annual think tank conference and organises symposiums, learning sets and workshops in partnership with member organizations around the world.
Strategic and Practice Development The IMHCN provides a range of tailored services and products including training and consultancy designed to assist communities, organisations and individuals to transform the thinking and culture of psychiatric services with a focus on the whole life needs of people.
International Twinning Collaboration Agreements between Mental Health Organizations These are formal agreements to work together and exchange staff in small groups on specific developments learning from good practice and a recovery based approach.
Training and education Providing technical expertise in participative and interactive outcome based training for professionals, managers, service users, families and policy makers. This includes: Whole Life Recovery practice; Community mental health strategic development; Management of change; Innovation in person centred support; Community Development approaches to mental health planning
International Schools, Study Visits and Exhange Programmes Four Season International schools bring together a small group of people for an intensive residential shared learning experience focused on the work and practice of the host organisation. We also organise short study visits and exchange programmes within our memebrs partnerships.